570-472-9695 bearcreekinne@aol.com

ABOUT US

The Bear Creek Inne was established in late 1939. Dick and Gertrude Hapsacker were the original owners. For several years, they had run a “speakeasy” in a nearby building that would eventually become the site of Saint Elizabeth’s. Back in the early years, it was run as an inn, eatery and pub. The Inne went through a number of subsequent owners, among them Virginia Rohr, Jack Morton, Nick Perugino and Tom Kehoe. In 1949, Senator Pat Toole and his wife Kitty bought the restaurant. They continued to operate the Inne while raising their three children, Judge Pat Toole, Penny and Jim until 1961.

In 1961 Ed Barney, a coal magnate from Plymouth, Pennsylvania, purchased the Inne but died suddenly within the year. Nick Perugino repurchased the Inne and continued to run it until 1973, alternately as an Italian restaurant, then Chinese, and again with Italian cuisine.

In 1973, Bob and Larraine Eddowes purchased the Bear Creek Inne and have continued as owners to this date. In addition to the operation of the Inne, they also raised their four children, Denise, Yvonne, Jeff and Greg here on the property.

The policy of the Inne has been to provide generous portions of delicious food and drink at reasonable prices. In addition to the main dining floor, there are two private party rooms. One on our upper level and one on the lower. Both rooms are capable of accommodating up to fifty people.

Please consider the Bear Creek Inne when planning your gatherings. We are open seven days a week; Monday through Saturday at 4:00pm , and on Sunday at noon.

All major credit cards are accepted.